CKN 2023 Noteworthy Accomplishments with Moozie’s Thanks to All Involved
1. Enhanced social-emotional learning resources at 1,000 schools
· Donated Moozie books, puppets, and other learning assets to 1,000 schools and early childhood centers, throughout Tennessee (TN), the U.S. and internationally. Thanks to Kiwanis Children’s Fund and Dollar General Literacy Foundation for generous grants and to Ron Franks and World Architects and Engineers, Brentwood, TN, for in-kind printing services.
2. Shared community kindness experiences and joy with 4,000 children
· Moozie interacted with/distributed books at events for 4,000 children. (Below is list of some of the Moozie events). *
3. Supported military families and provided 340 Operation Moozie backpacks (’22-’23)
· Partnered with WeServeToo and with US Army Child & Youth Services and Catholic Women of the Chapel, to distribute Moozie backpacks to children in U.S. and Germany.
4. Expanded accessibility of teaching resources through diverse languages
· Created English-Spanish, English-French, and English-German bilingual PDF versions of Moozie books. Created 130 additional foreign language translations for Moozie resources and creative works using Google Translate.
5. Inspired children worldwide toward kind thoughts and creativity in annual contest
· Held annual Moozie kindness essay contest, introducing new art option for youngest participants. Recognized winners from U.S. and Africa with virtual award ceremony, cash/gift card prizes, and social media spotlights.
6. Engaged Early Childhood Development & Play authorities for updated, research-based curricula
· Coordinated with generous and esteemed Professors Emeritus Drs. Kathleen Burriss and Sandra J. Stone who completed latest enhanced editions of three Moozie learning guides.
7. Increased digital reach, enabling unlimited families/educators’ instant connection to robust resources
· Partnered with Williamson County Schools (WCS) Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center (EIC) high school students who produced Moozie’s Kind Messages podcast series, with fifth episode in release. Implemented second Instagram account, Moozie.the.cow with Youth Ambassador. Continued to populate IG,FB,X @moozieckn with fresh inspirations nearly daily.
8. Refreshed Moozie.org website to further support parents/teachers in promoting kindness
· Added evidence-based, fun resources and content to website, inviting children’s interaction and promoting social emotional learning, literacy, and creativity.
9. Actively engaged with field experts and like-minded organizations to amplify Moozie impact
· Participated in numerous community/industry conferences and events to stay current on relevant early child development areas, promote/share Moozie resources, and support organizations of shared missions. (Below is list of conferences with Moozie exhibit/address). **
10. Grew global network of Moozie kindness champions for promotion and support across geographies
· Enrolled several hundred team members as Advisors, Ambassadors/Youth Ambassadors, and Volunteers across the U.S. and in over 25 additional countries.
*Saddle Up for MTSU Ann Campbell Early Learning Center; Easter Egg Hunt Forest Crossings, Franklin; Williamson County Public Library Earth Day; United Methodist Church-Brentwood Caring for Earth Day; Williamson County Animal Center Animal Edventures Summer Camps; Rotary Club of Franklin Pre-Rodeo Parade; Mercy Community Healthcare Back to School Bash, and Franklin Classic Race; Williamson County Chamber State of Schools; Children’s Halloween Party, Nashville; Franklin Elementary Kindergarten Classes; H G Hill Middle School classes
**Southern Early Childhood Association Conference (SECA); Kiwanis International Convention; Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation’s Statewide Early Literacy Education Collaborative of Tennessee (SELECT); Tennessee Association for Children’s Early Education (TACEE); Tennessee Association of School Librarians (TASL); Kiwanis Club of Franklin County; Williamson Inc. Annual Celebration on Giving Tuesday.